Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thing Eight

This was fun. I subscribed to thirteen feeds:

Accidental Hedonist
Bloglines | News
Dictionary.com Word of the Day
DogReader
The Lazy Vegetarian
Librarians' Internet Index: New This Week
NASA Breaking News
New Urban Legends
NYT Book Review
PETA Latest News
Salon
The Shifted Librarian
Vegan Blog: The (Eco) Logical Blog

I made my blogroll public.
Then I added feeds to Angie's and Mana's blogs as well as my own (why not?), and to Unshelved, Library 2.0, and the Merc-News police blotter. Sadly, I couldn't subscribe to Readers' Club because, according to bloglines, that site doesn't publish a feed.

I enjoyed this exercise. I confess I didn't really know what RSS was. I knew it was a reader that could consolidate all of your daily info in one place, but I didn't really get it and I never bothered practicing. Now I shall. Instead of having bookmarks I click on daily, I will use an RSS feed. I may even have one for home and one for work. YEAH.

No comments: