Friday, March 30, 2007

Thing Nine

I couldn't hear the podcast; it was stuck on "loading," and refreshing didn't help.

I played with Technorati and Feedster. Technorati was up first. I found it difficult and confusing. I wanted blogs and news feeds, but separate searches for common terms turned up only pictures and videos. When I finally found a blog I wanted to read, it was totally unclear how to add a feed to that. I added it to my "favorites," but that doesn't help, because I probably won't be going back to Technorati.

Feedster was even worse. Narrowing my search to blogs only doesn't work; I still get product listings, etc. I'm totally disgruntled by these sites. I can't say I understand their use, either; I thought they were going to find feeds that I could add to my bloglines account or to a new account on Feedster or Technorati. Instead, they search for blog *posts*, not blogs, and I'm afraid I don't see how even their intended use could be better than Google.

No comments: