Monday, April 2, 2007

Thing Thirteen

Ads! I can't take all the ads. I hate clicking on a link that claims it's taking me somewhere, but actually it's taking me to an ad page that I have to view before getting to the content I want. Not to quote the Google party line, but their ads really are unobtrusive.

Once I got past that, I enjoyed the article I clicked on from the SJLibraryLearning2 account on Del.icio.us. It's about the joys of tagging, which in my youth meant spray-painting your gang name on other people's garage doors. Now it means an informal, user-based indexing, and I'm all in favor. I'm pleased to see museums agree.

I played around with bookmarking this way, and no, I don't see it as something that would be useful in my life. It's cool, but it would work better for people with zillions of bookmarks or who don't have a primary computer. The bookmarks/favorites menus in my browsers on work and home computers work well enough for me.

No comments: